Sunday, August 21, 2011

Zucchini Pasta

Right now I have a major abundance of zucchini coming from my garden.  My favorite thing to do, other than dehydrating it, is to mix it with pasta and sausage in the best dinner ever.
I got this recipe originally from Your Home Based Mom then I changed it up a little to suite my style.  :)  She calls it Lite Pasta, but I don't think it's very 'lite'.  :)

ZUCCHINI PASTA
16 oz Spaghetti Pasta, cooked and kept warm
32 oz Kielbasa Sausage, sliced
1 Red Bell Pepper, cubed
1 Onion, sliced
2 tsp Basil
2 tsp Garlic
2 tsp Chicken Bouillon
1 small Zucchini cut into approx. 1/2 x 2" sticks
1 can Olives, drained

Brown sliced sausage in pan.  Remove from pan and saute Onion and Pepper.  Add olive oil if there is not enough left from sausage.
Add Basil, Garlic, Bouillon and Zucchini.  Cook until Zucchini is tender.
Toss vegetable blend, sausage and olives with pasta.

My husband likes it with a little cayenne on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment