Monday, January 9, 2012

Beef Stroganoff

A fantastic comfort food, and although similar to Beef Monterrey, it does have a different flavor and so I feel it is worth including as a separate meal.
I love that it is a one pan meal, makes clean up and prep much easier.  This would make a great meal in a bag.


Beef Stroganoff
Serves 4-5

1/2 c. Gravy Mix
3 T. Sour Cream Powder
1 tsp Beef Bouillon
1 1/2 tsp Dried Minced Onions
1/4 tsp Basil
1/4 tsp Thyme
1 1/2 tsp Parsley
3/4 tsp Garlic
1 can Mushrooms (7 oz can)
1/2 pt Beef
1 1/4 c. Macaroni
3 c. Water

Pick a 3 qt pan, any shape with a lid.  Whisk the gravy mix, sour cream powder and spices into half the water.  Add the mushrooms, with liquid (about 1/4 c. per can) the beef with any broth, the macaroni and the last 1 1/2 c. water.  Put the lid on and simmer until the pasta is cooked, about 15-20 minutes.

I added about 2 tsp of Worcestershire Sauce since this is something we keep in our food storage.  I will serve the meal with the bottle (Makes me sound like a lush, eh?) on the table for those who are bigger fans of it than I.

No comments:

Post a Comment